A 73-year-old woman has died in a house fire in China Spring, Texas.
The fire started early this morning in the back room of a First Baptist Church Residency on Illinois Avenue.
First responders arrived at the scene at around 9:23 am after reports of smoke coming out of the windows.
The victim was identified as a Sunday school teacher from Bryan, Texas, who had lived in the house for about one to two years.
Officials have concluded that the fire was accidental.
Despite the efforts of first responders who administered CPR, the woman did not survive the fire.
The McLennan County Sheriff’s Office thanked the local fire department and medical staff for their assistance.
The investigation is ongoing, and more details will be released as they become available.