Latest Post

Legendary NFL Running Back and Social Activist Jim Brown Passes Away at 87 Trey Gowdy Slams Democrats’ Lack of Progressiveness, Questions Dianne Feinstein’s Treatment

School Scare Prompts Lockdown in Plumas County


Roy Carmichael Elementary School in Plumas County was placed on lockdown yesterday following reports of death threats targeting students and staff, as confirmed by the Plumas County Sheriff’s Office.

The incident unfolded when a student, who was waiting to be picked up in front of the school, was approached and assaulted by unidentified individuals wearing ski masks.

The assailants proceeded to rob the student, taking his cell phone before fleeing in a vehicle.

Fortunately, administrators provided immediate first aid to the student.

Resource officers were able to obtain the license plate of the suspects’ vehicle, leading to their apprehension on I-80 in the Layhill area.

It is worth noting that none of the suspects are enrolled as students in the school.

This alarming incident comes in the wake of two other recent events at local schools.

One involved a student being taken into custody after making credible threats, while the other raised allegations of unlawful sexual activities between an administrator and students.

The first incident unfolded in Portola, where a student is now in the custody of authorities after issuing threats to kill individuals.

As a result, Feather River Elementary School and Portola Senior and Junior High Schools were compelled to implement lockdown protocols.

The seriousness of the threat prompted consideration of canceling classes, but it has been confirmed that classes will resume as scheduled.

The gravity of the situation was underscored by the fact that the crisis hotline received a text message from the student, revealing the intention to carry out the threats.

Law enforcement swiftly responded to the crisis at C.

Roy Carmichael Elementary School, capturing the moments on video as deputies arrived on the scene.

The Plumas County Sheriff’s Office disclosed that the student had sent the threatening messages to the Veterans Crisis Center, who promptly alerted law enforcement.

Deputies were dispatched, and parents were promptly notified of the threat and subsequent lockdown.

Parents anxiously awaited information outside the school, shocked by the turn of events that unfolded less than an hour after dropping their children off.

One parent expressed feeling helpless, as law enforcement prohibited them from approaching the school premises.

This incident has left the community shaken, as recent mass shootings have fueled panic among parents.

Thankfully, law enforcement located the student without incident at approximately 11:00 AM and took them into custody, transferring them to the probation department.

The sheriff acknowledged that the situation could have escalated into something far more tragic and emphasized the seriousness with which they regard such threats.

The student involved in this incident has made a grave mistake and will face the consequences.

While this potential nightmare was averted, it served as a poignant reminder of the importance of vigilance and preparedness.

Given that the student is a juvenile, law enforcement is limited in what they can disclose about the case, including details regarding the student’s location and whether they possessed any weapons.

Attempts to gather additional information from the district were made but were unsuccessful at the time of reporting.

Leave a Reply