Latest Post

Legendary NFL Running Back and Social Activist Jim Brown Passes Away at 87 Trey Gowdy Slams Democrats’ Lack of Progressiveness, Questions Dianne Feinstein’s Treatment

Paramedics Fired After Wrongly Pronouncing Man Dead

Clearwater, FL – In a shocking incident that occurred almost three months ago, paramedics from Clearwater Fire Rescue have been fired after mistakenly declaring a man dead.

Thomas Maxwell, a 66-year-old man, was pronounced dead on February 15th by the paramedics, but he was, in fact, still very much alive.

The incident unfolded when Maxwell experienced a cardiac arrest, and his daughter, Phoebe, immediately began performing CPR while her mother called 911.

When the paramedics arrived at the scene, Phoebe insisted that her father was not dead and continued administering CPR.

However, despite her pleas, paramedics Sebastian Pickens and Jacob Rivero declared Maxwell deceased only one minute after arriving.

According to Clearwater Fire and Rescue Chief Scott Ehlers, Pickens overheard Maxwell take at least one breath shortly after pronouncing him dead but failed to take any action.

The paramedics neglected to utilize the life-saving equipment available to them, such as a defibrillator.

It was only when a deputy later discovered signs of life in Maxwell and called for medical assistance that a different crew arrived and confirmed he was indeed alive.

Phoebe Maxwell expressed her relief that the medics involved have been fired but stated that the incident has left her family with lingering pain and a diminished trust in first responders.

The chief of Clearwater Fire Rescue, Scott Ehlers, publicly apologized to the family, acknowledging the lack of concern displayed by the two medics during the incident.

Following their termination, the Pinellas County medical director will review the findings of Clearwater’s investigation and determine if further action is necessary.

The incident serves as a stark reminder of the vital importance of trust and competence in the field of emergency medical services.

As the community awaits further updates, the repercussions of this grave mistake have highlighted the need for ongoing scrutiny and improvement within the emergency response system to ensure such incidents are not repeated in the future.

Leave a Reply