Latest Post

Legendary NFL Running Back and Social Activist Jim Brown Passes Away at 87 Trey Gowdy Slams Democrats’ Lack of Progressiveness, Questions Dianne Feinstein’s Treatment

On National Fentanyl Awareness Day, a mother from the Bay Area is sharing a tragic story about her daughter’s fentanyl overdose in an effort to raise awareness and save lives.

Marlene Harden wants parents to understand that “it could be your child” who falls victim to this deadly drug.

Marlene’s 18-year-old daughter, Chloe, tragically died from an accidental fentanyl overdose on April 27th, 2022.

Chloe was placed on life support for three days but ultimately succumbed to the severe brain injury caused by lack of oxygen.

Chloe, who was born and raised in Los Gatos, was described by her mother as funny and caring with a passion for saving animals.

However, the unexpected death of her father at the age of 12 left her devastated.

To cope with the pain, Chloe turned to self-medication, starting with marijuana and progressing to prescription pills obtained from friends’ parents’ unlocked medicine cabinets.

At the age of 15, Chloe became addicted to Percocet and started acquiring prescription drugs online through social media platforms like Instagram and Snapchat.

Harden revealed that it was disturbingly easy for Chloe to obtain these drugs, with some drug dealers even delivering them to their home.

Despite multiple attempts at counseling and drug treatment programs, Chloe found ways to continue her drug use.

Marlene Harden wants to dispel the misconception that individuals like Chloe intentionally seek out fentanyl.

On the day she died, Chloe ordered what she believed to be Percocet through social media, but the pills were laced with fentanyl, a potent synthetic opioid.

Now, Marlene Harden is determined to educate as many parents as possible about the dangers of fentanyl.

Data published in the American Medical Association’s Pediatrics journal shows a significant increase in pediatric deaths caused by fentanyl.

In 2021 alone, there were over 1,500 pediatric fentanyl-related deaths, which is more than 30 times higher than the number in 2013.

Marlene Harden is urging all parents and individuals to have Narcan readily available, as it can potentially save lives in the event of an opioid overdose.

She emphasizes that people are dying from fentanyl, and it’s not limited to drug addicts.

Just one pill can be lethal, making it crucial to take preventive measures and be aware of the dangers associated with this powerful drug.

By sharing Chloe’s story, Marlene Harden hopes to prevent other families from experiencing the devastating loss she has endured and raise awareness about the urgent need to address the fentanyl crisis in the United States.

Leave a Reply