Latest Post

Transitional Improvements: Helping Homeless & Formerly Incarcerated Grocery Store Shooting; 1 Injured, 1 in Custody

This weekend in Sacramento, there will be construction closures to be aware of. Earlier in our newscast, we covered 25% of the story, and now we will provide the other 75%.

Starting Friday night, the East and Westbound ramps to I-80 will be shut down for construction. Concrete hauling and pouring will take place, followed by striping. One important closure is the off-ramp that connects Southbound I-5 to Eastbound I-80, located near 50 and 80.

The detour for Eastbound I-80 to Northbound I-5 will be at Truell Road, and for Southbound I-5 to I-80, the detour will be at Garden Highway. Calr will have detour maps on Twitter and signs along the highway. This inconvenience has caused setbacks for individuals like Zachary Stevens, who had plans to travel to the bay on Sunday.

Calr advises drivers to add extra travel time to account for the detours between I-5 and I-80. Additionally, there will be 10 closures on the westbound lanes of Highway 50 from Watt Avenue to 15th. Going east, there will only be two closures: the 59th Street offramp, and the inside lanes of Highway 50 from 65th Street to Howe Avenue.

The construction may be viewed as a headache for many, but some people we spoke to see it as a catch-22. While more construction means improvements, the closure of a major intersection, which serves as a vital artery to Sacramento, poses challenges..

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *