Hackensack, New Jersey – A group of five female employees at The Shops at Riverside in Hackensack were revived after overdosing on fentanyl, according to Hackensack officials.
The women, aged 29 to 41, became unresponsive after ingesting the drug while they were together in the parking lot of the mall.
First responders administered Narcan to the women and one of the employees gave CPR to one of the women before an ambulance arrived.
The women were taken to the hospital and are now in stable condition.
This incident has raised concerns about the growing problem of opioid abuse in the country.